Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

another day

It was another grey and rainy day. We spent most of the morning out doing errands. We did a little fun shopping too, which is, for me, one of the best parts of a move. I get all kinds of ideas about how to decorate and organize. I got some hampers for each of the kids rooms and some storage boxes and also a few more cute things for the kitchen. It is shocking how happy those little things make me feel.
We stopped by the goodwill. I was hoping to find some "vintage" fabric of some sort, such as curtians or a table cloth. I found a cute bedspread but by then the kids were ready to get out of there and I couldn't make up my mind quickly enough and so we walked out with some plastic plates and some children's books.
In the photo are a few of my finds today:
a Strawberry Shortcake plate, some plastic dinner plates, a cute tea towel (the image shows front and back) it came in a set of five. I love the colors! All of a sudden I'm crazy about teal. I have no idea why. It's never really been on my top five of colors until this year. I also bought another placemat. It's just like the red & yellow flower one except blue & teal. I'd meant to buy a third red placemat so that it would cover the table properly but when I saw the blue I just couldn't help myself. It ended up looking great all put together. So now whatever I had of a "theme" or color coordination has completely been wrecked. But whatever. One day I'll have coordinating dishes. One day I used to have a whole pile of coordinated stuff - from when Daniel and I got married. I had not only dishes but casserole dishes and sald & pepper shakers and it was so very boring.

No comments: