Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Saturday, January 23, 2010

yay for new books!

Today is Saturday. And Daniel had to work. All day. Joy. It's crazy how watching a movie in the morning really doesn't put much of a dent in the day. Plus my kids were fighting like crazy. It was like cats and dogs. Seriously. Oh and did I mention that it's cold and foggy? Yeah, it's one of those days. So when I came to my wits end we hauled out to Target. It was bright and warm and we hung out in the book section for awhile, which was nice. I actually bought a book. I don't buy brand new books very often, maybe once a year. I bought "Julie & Julia" by Julie Powell and I am SOOOOO looking forward to snuggling down in a corner of the sofa with my cup of coffee and this nice, friendly book. Reading a book is so much different that watching a movie. Movies of books are nice. It's two hours of your life and then your done. With books you get so much more ivolved. I like that about books. If you do recall I LOVED the movie. I am perfectly prepared to fall head over heels with the book. This is the dedication:

For Julia , without whom I could not hve done this,
and for Eric, without who I could not do at all

Isn't that just the sweetest thing ever? Okay maybe not the sweetest thing ever but it's sweet. really sweet. So anyhow. I'm going to go now and read my book. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I cannot wait to see that movie! Please let us know how you like the book.