Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

trying to get back to normal

Finally. After two weeks of school vacation and five days (over the weekend) of snow days my big girls got on the bus this morning and now I'm trying to get back to something like normal. It's a grey and gloomy days today and all I want to do is crawl back under the covers and go back to sleep but I have a two year old and a four year old who have other plans!
This time of year is really hard for our family, it is the anniversary of the death of my little nephew, Liam, who died following complications during his birth. It is also the anniversary of my little brother's suicide, and my husband's birthday. All in the same week. This year I tried to focus on my husband's birthday by organizing a little get together with some of his friends. But now that all of that is behind me I can feel the grief creeping up behind me, ready to pounce. The depression is already been here for about a week. After getting healthier for a little while it's really frustrating to slip back into it, especially since once I'm down in the dumps it's so difficult to haul myself back out again.
I know it's time to dream again
Hope in my hand
I found this photo from during the snow days. Beth must have been really bored when I took this. It kind of sums up the last few days for the kids.

No comments: