Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Saturday, January 30, 2010

simple comforts

There is something really satisfying about coming home, after working all day. Setting out chips and salsa for Daddy and yogurt cups for the kids who ate a couple hours ago, making up a quick risotto with kielbasa sausage and eating a real warm meal at the end of the day. I've got my cup of decaf coffee now and I feel really satisfied. I think I like this kind of tired. Not the worn-to-the-edge-of-my-sanity tired or emotionally drained like most days, just the I've-been-on-my-feet-all-day kind of tired. I love being a stay-at-home mom, but I love my job too, even if it is only two days a month! You know what else I love? Coming home to find that Daniel washed all the dishes. That is totally fabulous.

No comments: