Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Friday, January 22, 2010

a little bit of late night randomness

It's 11:30 pm here in Atlanta. I've been up since 5am and Josiah just got up for his late night visit so I thought I'd sit here and ramble a bit and hopefully Josiah will go back to sleep and I can get a few hours sleep... hopefully. I am so insanely sleep deprived - burning the candle at both ends and such.
Daniel and I had a reasonably good anniversary, I felt quite poorly which totally sucked. I pretty much just ate dinner then went to bed, oh and maybe watched an episode of 24. Daniel bought me this AMAZING bouquet of flowers which I have taken hundreds of photos of. I've got a bunch on my flickr site but there are lots more to come!!
Tonight I went out after the kids were in bed to do an emergency pre-weekend grocery shop. I bopped into Blockbuster on my way to rent a couple movies. At the counter the guy with the long stringy hair apparently recognized me and asked if since I've been coming in so often why not get a rewards card? I loathe movie rental stores, especially if I have my kids with me, but RedBox was out of Night at the Museum 2. I've been going lately about every week this month because their family/kids movies are only .99 and you can keep them for like a week, I rented a WordWorld DVD that Josiah has watched every day. I ended up paying like $15 for three movies NAtTheM2, & Shorts for the kids and (500) Days of Summer for me - I love Zooey Dechanel's retro/vintage look - and thinking that I just might not want to ever go on there again. ha.
When I got home Daniel was watching the Invention of Lying for a movie with a title like that it's not at all as bad as you'd think. It's a bit anti-religious, but pretty funny. Everyone is just so brutally honest and a the same time so trusting. Plus I liked the ending.
Today I was working on our family photo that we took on Christmas day - I was copying eyes from one shot onto the one I'm going to end up using. It took a while to figure out which shots were the most compatible, then, when I was nearly finished, the dog pushed her ball onto the power strip/surge protector causing my computer to shut off - and I had forgotten to save! I managed to re-do it in less time, but that was a low point in my day for sure.
Well the little man is asleep. Look for LOTS of flower pictures soon!

p.s. watched "Shorts" this morning - it was super dumb. Not at all like what I thought it would be, the kids didn't even really like it. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't very good either.

No comments: