Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Time for Change

With the election of Barak Obama as President, regardless of if you agree with his politics, it seems obvious that now is the time for change. Now is the time for us conservatives to move past our positions and transform convictions into change. We're good at having conversations but now it's time for us engage in our communities. I think it's time for everyone to take some time to think about what we can do to be a part of the change. Maybe that means becoming more aware and well educated about our own local government, the President is not the entire government and there are still lots of areas of government that we can influence with our educated vote, especially in those local elections. Or maybe it means volunteering with a local organization, I think that especially with the election of an abortion-rights advocate we need to think about what we can do to radically reduce the number of abortions in our own communities.
Personally, it means that I will be working to get me Teachers Certificate so that I can become a teacher in the public school system. I have a ton of work to do, I don't even have my GED! Obama said that if he became President he would recruit new teachers and work on the failing school system. I believe that the transformation of our school system is possible through the involvement of parents and the excellence of teachers and I would really like to be a part of it. I ordered my test-prep books today and I am so excited. I hope to be ready to teach around the time Josiah is ready for first grade or so. We'll see!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I am so excited for you, Faith. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you in your pursuit. I've spent ENTIRELY TOO MUCH TIME in higher education... but I may be able to help you!